Summer 2011 REU: Groups, Graphs, and Geometry
This page will help program participants keep up with ongoing activities.
Information concerning LaTeX:
First-week activities (summary):
- Monday, June 6th.
- Tuesday, June 7th.
- Wednesday, June 8th.
- Thursday, June 9th.
- Monday, June 13th.
- Tuesday, June 14th.
Visiting scholars and speakers
- Thursday, June 16th: Amy Mecklenburg-Faenger and Chris Warnick, College of Charleston
- Thursday, June 23rd: Neil Calkin, Clemson University: What is experimental mathematics? A case study
- Tuesday, July 5th: Amanda Ketner, Elon University: The effect of coalitions on the Banzhaf power index
- Thursday, July 7th and Friday, July 8th: 2nd Southeast REU Symposium, featuring plenary speaker Jane Hawkins, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Thursday, July 14th: Ryan Therkelsen, Bellarmine University: From Weyl groups to Renner monoids
Information concerning the faculty participating in the program:
Please feel free to visit websites of the past years of the program.
For more information about UNC Asheville itself, please visit this link. For information about Asheville itself,
you may visit this link.
All contents © 2007-2011 Patrick Bahls, all rights reserved.